Accepting Nominations for the Eisenberg Translational Research Prize – Deadline Jan. 17, 2017
Frances and Kenneth Eisenberg Research Prize
University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center
The University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center is accepting nominations for the Frances and Kenneth Eisenberg Research Prize. This prestigious award is given annually to a world-renowned scientist and honors breakthrough research accomplishments that advance knowledge in the understanding of mechanisms and treatments in depressions, bipolar illnesses, or related disorders.
Prize: $50,000 – Deadline: January 16, 2017
The Prize is a $50,000 award, unrestricted, to be used at the recipient’s sole discretion for the support of research operations and/or equipment. Disbursement of the Prize to the recipient shall take place at a scientific presentation given by the Prize winner.
- Nominee must hold an M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent international degrees.
- Research shall be in depression, bipolar illness and related disorders, broadly defined.
- University of Michigan scientists are not eligible.
- International scientists are eligible.
- Self-nomination is permitted.
- Nominee must be able to devote two days as Visiting Professor with a special lecture at the University of Michigan.
- If selected for the Prize, recipients must agree to join the Eisenberg Research Prize review panel to select subsequent recipients of the Prize.
For a nomination to be considered, the following items must be submitted:
- A brief electronic nomination must summarize the applicant’s contributions, emphasize strategies for linking basic neuroscience advances to clinical investigative strategies, potential for translational breakthroughs, describe their potential contributions to improving treatment outcomes, the impact they have made in the field, and indicate future research directions.
- Biosketch and/or curriculum vita of the nominee.
Submissions shall be made through this website: http://www.depressioncenter.org/award
Incomplete nominations will not be presented to the nomination committee. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].